Phone.com Full Review
Phone.com is one of the leading providers of VoIP services. The company offers competitively priced, feature-rich plans for both business and residential users. And there is no setup fee.
Phone.com offers an impressive mix of service plans. However, if you want to enjoy unlimited calling, you will have to make use of extensions included in business plans.
Each service plan comes with a different monthly quota of minutes and fee. Some plans support unlimited minutes through the use of additional extensions. These are aimed at business users.
While the basic plans offer only limited features, they are suitable for residential users who don’t need a large volume of minutes per month. Irrespective of the plan you select, the service supports international calling to several countries. You also have the freedom to select your own phone number and area code.
Now in case you want to keep a phone number you already have; that is possible too! Of course, this is a standard feature, but it is convenient nonetheless.
How Does it Work
Select one or more phones to which you want Phone.com to forward your calls. Any phone is supported including your cellphone, home phone, and softphone.
Give your phone.com number to your family, friends, and clients.
Phone.com allows you to route or forward your calls to up to 4 different numbers. If someone calls you using your phone.com number, all of your devices will ring until you pick one of them. This makes sure that you receive the call no matter where you are.
Send your calls to any phone or number
All calls to your number are automatically forwarded based on your account settings. Calls can be forwarded to your devices based on the time, the caller ID, or the day of the call. What’s more, Phone.com permits you to use a variety of devices to send and receive your calls.
Phone.com allows you to send calls to:
You can send phone calls from your desktop. You can also receive calls on your desktop.
In this case Phone.com will send your messages as an MP3 file.
Custom messages and greetings
This feature allows you to greet callers with your company jingle or audio messages of your choice.
Users can select a set of preferred options.
- Toll Free Numbers – Phone.com allows users to select toll free numbers from 800, 855, 866, 877, and 888. Your number will be activated immediately.
- Local numbers – Users can choose a local telephone number with any area code.
- International Numbers – You also have the freedom to select an international number. Phone numbers from over 48 countries are supported.
- Extensions & Voicemail – Phone.com allows users the freedom to add unlimited extensions to their account. Each extension will come with an address book, voice mail, and separate login details.
- IP phones and other devices – Users can choose a phone/device from Cisco, Panasonic, and Polycom.
- Custom Music and messages – This feature allows you to greet your callers with your company’s jingle. Or you can select a free track from their list of licensed recordings as your hold music.
- Support for conference calls – With your special conference bridge number, you can organize conference calls with up to five hundred attendees.
- Caller Menus and queues – You can give your caller menu options to your staff by simply pressing a specific key on their phone’s keypad.
- Fax – You can send and receive fax messages from your desktop computer. Phone.com will convert incoming fax messages into PDF and email them to you.
- Phone.com also offers several standard calling features including blocking, forwarding, call waiting, three-way calling, and more.
- Voicemail transcription – This feature allows you to read your voicemail if you don’t want to listen to the audio message. If you enable this option, Phone.com will transcribe your voicemail messages to text and email them to you.
- Caller analytics – This feature allows you to view information about people calling your phone.com number. The caller information is divided into six categories like technology, demographics, social status, and behavior.
- Phone.com communicator – With Phone.com’s softphone application (called communicator), you can use your PC as a telephone to send and receive calls.
- Premium hold music – You can choose from up to five premium channels with several hundreds of licensed commercial free tracks including Jay Z, Bob Marley, and Beatles.
- Call recording – You can record all or particular calls in your account. All recorded calls will be saved in your account and you can review them anytime online.
- Recording services – Phone.com offers professional recording services including studio production, licensed music, and professional voice talent. All of these services are affordably priced.
- iNum global numbers – These international numbers are not tied to any country or city. You can keep these numbers wherever you are in the world. What’s more; iNums can be reached from a large number of networks.
Plans and pricing
- 300 minutes of talk time
- One number
- All standard calling features
- Unlimited user
- One number
- All standard calling features
The Unlimited + shared
- Unlimited user
- Shared minutes
- One number
Your Phone.com account should include at least 1 phone number. You may select a local number or an international number. Alternatively you can choose one of the toll free numbers from their pool of 800, 866, 877, 855 and 888 numbers.
Phone.com also lets you use your existing telephone number with their service.
Your new number will be activated as soon as it is purchased. If you want to use an additional number, you will have to pay a monthly fee of $4.99. If the additional number is toll free, there is no setup fee. However, there is a setup fee for global numbers. iNum is free.
The Unlimited User is any one person in your Phone.com account. An unlimited user can connect three concurrent calls. In addition, unlimited users can enjoy unlimited calling minutes per month. An Unlimited User’s calling minutes are not billed to your Phone.com account. What’s more, unlimited users can also use softphone extension, a virtual extension, or IP phone. Better still, they don’t have to pay the extra $4.99/month extension fee!
If the minutes used in a month go over the minutes supported by your account, you will be charged at the Pay As You Go rate.
Additional Minutes Rates
Your unlimited user account is priced at $24.99/month. If you use more minutes than what is supported by your account, you will have to pay a fee.
Additional minutes charges are:
- 700 minutes – $27.30/month
- 2,200 minutes – $77.00/month
- 2,500 minutes – $85.00/month
- 5000 minutes – $165.00/month
- 10,000 minutes – $310.00/month
- Above 10,000 minutes – call for discounts
- Pay as you go – 4.9 cents / minute
Phones and devices
Phone.com permits you to use Panasonic, Polycom, Cisco, and Grandstream phones with your Phone.com account. When you use this hardware, you will have to pay a monthly extension fee.
The softphone application
Phone.com Communicator allows users to use their computer as a telephone. You will have to pay a monthly fee if you decide to use the Communicator.
International calling rates
Phone.com supports calls to France, Canada, Israel, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom, Netherlands, USA, and Puerto Rico.
Calls to these countries are free as long as you use the minutes included in your plans. Once you have used up all of the minutes included in your plan, calls to these countries will be charged at the Pay as you go rate.
Landline-only services are available in Canada, Germany, France, Israel, Netherlands, Italy, United Kingdom, USA, and Puerto Rico. This service also supports iNUM global numbers.
Please note that Phone.com currently does not support calls to Nigeria (+234), Haiti (+509), and Satellite calls (+87).
Phone.com follows federal taxation and local jurisdiction. The administrative contact address specified within your account is used to decide which country the account holder belongs to.
Phone.com offers customer service via email and a dedicated hotline. If problems occur, you can contact their Live support staff 24/7 through their toll-free number. Besides English, support is available in Spanish as well.
- Supports Unlimited number of extensions
- Mobile Office and Mobile VoIP
- Voice to text translation
- Incoming and outgoing Internet Faxing
- International Virtual Numbers
- Caller Analytics
- Call Recording
- Unlimited Minutes for Unlimited User
- Conferencing with up to 500 participants with high definition voice Quality.
- No support for ACD Queuing
- Only one included number
- Phone.com supports only one number per account as their standard. However, you can add an additional number for just $4.99/month. So, this can’t be considered as a deal breaker.
- No iPhone app
- Phone.com currently does not provide an app for users of iPhone. However, apps are available for BlackBerry and Android users.
Phone.com’s revised plans and pricing suit both professional and home users. Users have the freedom to customize their plans to meet their unique needs. What’s more, you get unlimited minutes, unlimited extensions, and cutting edge features. You can also add multiple numbers per plan.
|Average Ratings (from 1 ratings) 0 Positive Reviews|
1 Negative Reviews
|Value for Money||Not Rated|
|Customer Support||Not Rated|
|Ease of Use||Not Rated|